Referrals & Medicaid Home Health
Is your patient a candidate for Home Health Care? Use our assessment checklist below to help determine if she/he is a candidate:
Does your patient require one or more of the following assessments?
- Social Surroundings
- Environmental Home Safety
- Self-care Skills
- Response to new treatments/medicines
Does your patient require one or more of the following treatments?
- Wound Care
- Catheter/tube care (insertion, removal or maintenance)
- Drainage Tubes
- Trach care
Does your patient require one or more of the following education?
- Medication administration
- Disease management
- Self care
- Special diets
- Assistive device, DME
Does your patient require one or more of the following rehabilitation therapies: Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Language Pathology, and Medical Social Work?
- Difficulty with ambulation
- Difficulty with stairs
- Fall risk or history of falls
- Issues with bed mobility
- Difficulty with transfers
- Weakness or deconditioning
- Patient lives alone – safety concerns
- Dyspnea/difficulty breathing at any level
- Difficulty dressing/grooming
- Difficulty bathing
- Difficulty with feeding/meal preparation
- Confusion at any level, including memory problems
- Difficulty swallowing
- Difficulty speaking clearly
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then Visiting Nurse Service of Ithaca and Tompkins County can be there, helping with a wide range of home health care services, to make sure your patient follows your plan of care.
Visiting Nurse Service of Ithaca and Tompkins County can help your patients!
- Provide Therapy Services including PT, OT, SPT, MSW
- Provide Skilled Nursing including Wound and IV therapy
- Provide certified Home Health Aide Service
- Provide Tele-Health Monitoring
- Provide education on self-management techniques
- Provide education on oxygen use and safety
- Provide support to patient and their care partners
- Most patients can receive care in as little as 24 hours of your referral!